How Do You Spell OCCUPATIONS?
Correct spelling for the English word "occupations" is [ ˌɒkjʊpˈe͡ɪʃənz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for Occupations
Below is the list of 2 misspellings for the word "Occupations". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- ocupations (81.8%)
- occupactions (18.2%)
Usage Examples for Occupations
- Bred to peaceful occupations he had, at more than forty years of age, accepted a commission in the parliamentary army. - "The History of England from the Accession of James II. Volume 1 (of 5)" by Thomas Babington Macaulay
- From each of these occupations a man may bring knowledge and ability which makes him suitable for the position. - "Crime and Its Causes" by William Douglas Morrison
- From a quiet life and occupations he found himself all at once in the front rank of a wide- spread rebellion. - "Incidents of Travel in Yucatan, Vol. I." by John L. Stephens
- Indeed, during this interval, my time was so much engaged by the bills of exchange accepted by Mr Jay, and the conversations I held with, and the visits I was obliged to make to the various persons interested in this affair, that I had very little leisure left for other occupations - "The Diplomatic Correspondence of the American Revolution, Vol. IX" by Various
- What are the chief occupations of the people? - "Home Geography For Primary Grades" by C. C. Long