How Do You Spell OCCUPYING?
Correct spelling for the English word "occupying" is [ ˈɒkjʊpˌa͡ɪɪŋ] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for Occupying
Below is the list of 6 misspellings for the word "Occupying". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- ocuppying (3.0%)
- occuying (3.0%)
- occuping (79.1%)
- occupaing (4.5%)
- ocupying (7.5%)
- occuplyance (3.0%)
Usage Examples for Occupying
- If he did not succeed in occupying Culpeper, it was not his fault. - "Stonewall Jackson And The American Civil War" by G. F. R. Henderson
- At three o'clock in the morning the forces from the east were occupying the eastern part of the town. - ""And they thought we wouldn't fight"" by Floyd Gibbons
- A little beyond it is the Tacon market, occupying an entire block. - "Cuba, Old and New" by Albert Gardner Robinson
- A sudden silence, broken only by a soft chuckle from the abused David, descended on the seven young people occupying the worn stone steps. - "Grace Harlowe's Golden Summer" by Jessie Graham Flower
- We this day look upon the martyrs and apostles as the lights of the Christian world and as occupying on the sacred page, stations far more exalted than any ever conferred upon the greatest men of the universe. - "Twenty-Four Short Sermons On The Doctrine Of Universal Salvation" by John Bovee Dods