How Do You Spell OFFS?
Correct spelling for the English word "offs" is [ ˈɒfs] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for OFFS
Below is the list of 2 misspellings for the word "OFFS". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- off's (50.0%)
- ofts (50.0%)
Usage Examples for OFFS
- She felt suddenly tired of cast- offs of compromise, of all the other shabby adjustments of genteel poverty. - "The Blood Red Dawn" by Charles Caldwell Dobie
- " You have other rake- offs he suggested. - "Get-Rich-Quick Wallingford" by George Randolph Chester
- Sometimes he forsook even the steep grade of the foot trail for shorter cut- offs where he pulled himself up semi- perpendicular walls of cliff, trusting to a hand- grip on hanging root or branch and a foothold on almost nothing. - "The Tempering" by Charles Neville Buck
- It is at best a passive resultant of conflicting and divergent tendencies, and has, to my mind, no more causal significance than the average of the abstract numbers of yards gained by both sides, heights and weights of players, kick- offs and minutes taken out for injuries, would have on the result of the Yale- Harvard game. - "The Value of Money" by Benjamin M. Anderson, Jr.
- Under the head of " 2d high- water trip- Jan, 1861- Alonzo Child," we have the story of a rising river with its overflowing banks, its blind passages and cut- offs all the circumstance and uncertainty of change. - "Mark Twain, A Biography, Vol. 1, Part 1, 1835-1866 The Personal And Literary Life Of Samuel Langhorne Clemens" by Albert Bigelow Paine