What are the antonyms for ABACK?
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABACK
- And he was distinctly taken aback when Imma Spoelmann answered casually: " To tell the truth, she very likely was." - "Royal Highness" by Thomas Mann
- This reply took the pilot aback rather at first; but recognising Mr. Fogg's firmness, he said: " Yes, your honour is right, Shanghai be it." - "Round the World in Eighty Days" by Jules Verne
- Her foretopsail was thrown aback, and she lay hove- to. - "In the Wilds of Africa" by W.H.G. Kingston
- They were a little taken aback by the exhibition of so much pride and spirit. - "Pee-Wee Harris Adrift" by Percy Keese Fitzhugh
- " It doesn't look like either of us," I said, rather taken aback by its appearance. - "I Walked in Arden" by Jack Crawford