What are the antonyms for ABACK?
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABACK
- And he was distinctly taken aback when Imma Spoelmann answered casually To tell the truth she very likely was - "Royal Highness" by Thomas Mann
- This reply took the pilot aback rather at first but recognising Mr Fogg's firmness he said Yes your honour is right Shanghai be it - "Round the World in Eighty Days" by Jules Verne
- Her foretopsail was thrown aback and she lay hove to - "In the Wilds of Africa" by W.H.G. Kingston
- They were a little taken aback by the exhibition of so much pride and spirit - "Pee-Wee Harris Adrift" by Percy Keese Fitzhugh
- It doesn't look like either of us I said rather taken aback by its appearance - "I Walked in Arden" by Jack Crawford