What are the antonyms for ABANDON?
- abide, accept, accompany, accomplish, achieve, acquire, adopt, affirm, allege, anticipate, appreciate, arrive at, assert, assume, attain, attempt, attend, aver, avouch, avow, await, backwardness, bashfulness, bear, begin, bide, borrow, chaperone, cherish, coldness, comb, commence, compass, confront, constraint, contend, continue, convoy, coyness, cultivate, declare, defend, develop, diffidence, dredge, dwell, earn, embark, embrace, endeavor, endure, enjoy, entertain, espouse, essay, expect, finalize, gain, get, get off, grasp, hang around, hold up, inhabit, insist, justify, keep up, kick off, lead off, live, lodge, maintain, master, modesty, obtain, oversee, own, possess, procure, profess, prop, ransack, reach, remain, reserve, reside, rest, retain, rifle, scour, see, shoulder, shyness, sojourn, squire, stay, stick around, stop, strive, superintend, supervise, support, take on, take over, tarry, tolerate, undertake, unobtrusiveness, uphold, wait, watch, withhold, take up, stand by.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABANDON
- " Come back to you and abandon her? - "An Outcast of the Islands" by Joseph Conrad
- At first she merely watched him with amusement, then talked and played with him, but not freely and with abandon, only so far as was proper with a dog whose master had become a suspicious character. - "The Pines of Lory" by John Ames Mitchell
- I had reluctantly promised my wife that I would abandon the Plains. - "An Autobiography of Buffalo Bill (Colonel W. F. Cody)" by Buffalo Bill (William Frederick Cody)
- He could not, he said, return to office alone or abandon the party he had been at so much pains to create. - "Cavour" by Countess Evelyn Martinengo-Cesaresco
- He does not build a decent house, for he may have to abandon it before the week's end. - "Plotting in Pirate Seas" by Francis Rolt-Wheeler