What are the antonyms for ABANDONED?
- fond, loved, inhibited, favorite, white-haired, favored, cherished, pet, inhabited, sweet, dear, precious, special, beloved, darling, fair-haired.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABANDONED
- Thus the gallant Mondragon was abandoned to his fate - "The Rise of the Dutch Republic, Volume II.(of III) 1566-74" by John Lothrop Motley Last Updated: January 25, 2009
- For this among other reasons I abandoned the profession - "Slips of Speech" by John H. Bechtel
- So very reluctantly she abandoned the idea - "The Life of Sir Richard Burton" by Thomas Wright
- After much consideration Walter Marrable did take Sir Gregory at his word and abandoned for ever all idea of a further career in India - "The Vicar of Bullhampton" by Anthony Trollope
- No he can get it of course when she abandoned him - "The Brigade Commander" by J. W. Deforest