What are the antonyms for ABANDONED?
- beloved, cherished, darling, dear, fair-haired, favored, favorite, fond, inhabited, inhibited, loved, pet, precious, special, sweet, white-haired.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABANDONED
- Thus the gallant Mondragon was abandoned to his fate. - "The Rise of the Dutch Republic, Volume II.(of III) 1566-74" by John Lothrop Motley Last Updated: January 25, 2009
- For this, among other reasons, I abandoned the profession. - "Slips of Speech" by John H. Bechtel
- So, very reluctantly, she abandoned the idea. - "The Life of Sir Richard Burton" by Thomas Wright
- After much consideration Walter Marrable did take Sir Gregory at his word, and abandoned for ever all idea of a further career in India. - "The Vicar of Bullhampton" by Anthony Trollope
- No, he can get it- of course, when she abandoned him. - "The Brigade Commander" by J. W. Deforest