What are the antonyms for ABASEMENT?
- ascent, preferment, advancement, rise, creation, elevation, upgrade, promotion, upgrading, preference.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABASEMENT
- They who after many wanderings were coming back to their first love and they who had never come before alike took his words of self abasement as their own - "Shenac's Work at Home" by Margaret Murray Robertson
- She thought that for her the gates of mercy would never open and as in deep contrition and self abasement she thought thus a ray of brightness penetrated into the dismal abyss a ray more vivid and glorious than the sunbeams which thaw the snow figures that the children make in their gardens - "The Sand-Hills of Jutland" by Hans Christian Andersen
- There are who by abasement of their neighbour Hope to excel and therefore only long That from his greatness he may be cast down There are who power grace honour and renown Fear they may lose because another rises Thence are so sad that the reverse they love And there are those whom injury seems to chafe So that it makes them greedy for revenge And such must needs shape out another's harm - "Divine-Comedy-Longfellow-s-Translation-Complete" by Dante Alighieri
- His humility and self abasement prepared him through the grace of the Lord Jesus for heights of power and honor seldom reached by ministers - "Sketches of the Covenanters" by J. C. McFeeters
- And while King knelt behind the mullah and the whole camp faced Mecca in forehead in the dust abasement there came a strange procession down the midst not strange to the Hills where such sights are common but strange to that camp and hour - "King--of the Khyber Rifles" by Talbot Mundy