What are the antonyms for ABASHED?
- bold-faced, bold, brazen-faced, saucy, unblushing, nervy, insolent, unashamed, sassy, impertinent, impudent, composed, brassy, cocksure, cheeky, unabashed, audacious, brassbound, fresh, arch, brash, wise, unembarrassed, shameless, brazen.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABASHED
- He stopped short abashed the glow fading from his face the light from his eyes - "The Sky Pilot in No Man's Land" by Ralph Connor
- I rushed over as quickly as I could to a seat all these people who stopped and stared at me abashed me - "Hunger" by Knut Hamsun
- The girl came in with a look of simplicity but when she saw a room full of company she was a little abashed - "The Parent's Assistant" by Maria Edgeworth
- No For a second Cherry looked abashed then her spirit returned to her and she spoke boldly - "Afterwards" by Kathlyn Rhodes
- But Andy was not abashed - "Andy Grant's Pluck" by Horatio Alger