What are the antonyms for ABASHED?
- arch, audacious, bold, bold-faced, brash, brassbound, brassy, brazen, brazen-faced, cheeky, cocksure, composed, fresh, impertinent, impudent, insolent, nervy, sassy, saucy, shameless, unabashed, unashamed, unblushing, unembarrassed, wise.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABASHED
- He stopped short, abashed, the glow fading from his face, the light from his eyes. - "The Sky Pilot in No Man's Land" by Ralph Connor
- I rushed over as quickly as I could to a seat; all these people who stopped and stared at me abashed me. - "Hunger" by Knut Hamsun
- The girl came in with a look of simplicity; but when she saw a room full of company she was a little abashed. - "The Parent's Assistant" by Maria Edgeworth
- " No." For a second Cherry looked abashed; then her spirit returned to her and she spoke boldly. - "Afterwards" by Kathlyn Rhodes
- But Andy was not abashed. - "Andy Grant's Pluck" by Horatio Alger