What are the antonyms for ABASHMENT?
- assurance, equanimity, aplomb, self-assurance, composure, confidence, self-confidence, poise, self-possession, coolness.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABASHMENT
- I don't stick thinking as you do Miss Dolly answered without abashment and knowing that the elder hated to be so addressed but things come to me by the light of nature without a twelvemonth of brown study - "Springhaven A Tale of the Great War" by R. D. Blackmore
- The tone was puzzled rather tan harsh yet Elsie shrank back in sudden abashment - "Polly of the Hospital Staff" by Emma C. Dowd
- At these times without exception he thought how early in the morning he would climb the hill to the white house blandly proffering letters to show that he was no cad no cur but Laurence Varney whom ladies need not flee from as from the plague suavely putting Uncle Elbert's daughter so utterly in the wrong that he himself would grow merciful towards her abashment and sorry - "Captivating Mary Carstairs" by Henry Sydnor Harrison
- In our hero there was nothing not truly great he could without the least abashment drink a bottle with the man who knew he had the moment before picked his pocket and when he had stripped him of everything he had never desired to do him any further mischief for he carried good nature to that wonderful and uncommon height that he never did a single injury to man or woman by which he himself did not expect to reap some advantage - "The History of the Life of the Late Mr. Jonathan Wild the Great" by Henry Fielding
- But me thinks the answer to that is that the instruments whereby it may please Heaven to work out its purposes are not of our choosing but of Heaven's and those that cavil may recall to their own abashment how one that was of the same way of life as our Vittoria was permitted by celestial grace to be a minister unto holiness - "The God of Love" by Justin Huntly McCarthy