What are the antonyms for ABATED?
- acute, blistering, deep, dreadful, excruciating, explosive, exquisite, fearful, fearsome, ferocious, fierce, frightful, furious, ghastly, hard, heavy, heavy-duty, intense, intensive, keen, profound, terrible, vehement, vicious, violent, hellacious.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABATED
- At the climax, after the laughter had abated, she asked, with an air of surprise at their pleasure in her tale: " Didn't you all ever hear that story before?" - "The Main Chance" by Meredith Nicholson
- The storm abated toward morning, and the settlers were once more under way. - "The Riflemen of the Miami" by Edward S. Ellis
- They could not as yet be proved to be wrong; the gale abated on the 28th. - "Hurricane Hurry" by W.H.G. Kingston
- The storm abated; a few minutes of fiercely pouring rain, and all was over. - "The Mystery of the Hasty Arrow" by Anna Katharine Green
- The man's anger suddenly abated; he picked up the paper which he had thrown on the sidewalk, and stood for a while regarding Halfdan curiously. - "Tales From Two Hemispheres" by Hjalmar Hjorth Boysen