What are the antonyms for ABATED?
- blistering, exquisite, heavy, acute, deep, hard, fearful, explosive, profound, violent, vicious, furious, hellacious, fierce, fearsome, intense, excruciating, keen, heavy-duty, ferocious, vehement, ghastly, terrible, frightful, dreadful, intensive.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABATED
- At the climax after the laughter had abated she asked with an air of surprise at their pleasure in her tale Didn't you all ever hear that story before - "The Main Chance" by Meredith Nicholson
- The storm abated toward morning and the settlers were once more under way - "The Riflemen of the Miami" by Edward S. Ellis
- They could not as yet be proved to be wrong the gale abated on the 28th - "Hurricane Hurry" by W.H.G. Kingston
- The storm abated a few minutes of fiercely pouring rain and all was over - "The Mystery of the Hasty Arrow" by Anna Katharine Green
- The man's anger suddenly abated he picked up the paper which he had thrown on the sidewalk and stood for a while regarding Halfdan curiously - "Tales From Two Hemispheres" by Hjalmar Hjorth Boysen