What are the antonyms for ABATEMENT?
- accumulation, proliferation, multiplication, increase, mushrooming, gain, rise, raise, augmentation, increment, expansion, plus, addendum, accrual, accretion, Accumulating, addition, supplement, step up, boost.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABATEMENT
- I'd call it a nuisance abatement project - "Murder in the Gunroom" by Henry Beam Piper
- Whenever her name occurs in the correspondence the tone is always the same always tender without abatement without change - "Charles Lamb" by Barry Cornwall
- Laughed Viridis thereat and Atra said She hath no pity nor ever shall have but so hard of heart is she that she may not deem that we could love thee a stranger and unhappy who can serve us in nowise so she feareth not the abatement of thy grief from any compassion of us - "The Water of the Wondrous Isles" by William Morris
- Her grandmother did sufficiently awake to the danger of alarming the jealousy of Queen Elizabeth to submit to leave her in the ordinary chambers of the children of the house and to exact no extraordinary marks of respect towards the unconscious infant but there was no abatement in the Countess's firm belief that an English born English bred child would have more right to the crown than any foreign princes as she contemptuously termed the Scottish Queen and her son - "Unknown to History A Story of the Captivity of Mary of Scotland" by Charlotte M. Yonge
- Some years ago the repeal of a revenue Act upon its understood principle might have served to show that we intended an unconditional abatement of the exercise of a taxing power - "Burke's Speech on Conciliation with America" by Edmund Burke