What are the antonyms for ABBREVIATED?
- blow-by-blow, circuitous, circumlocutory, circumstantial, complete, comprehensive, detailed, diffuse, elaborate, elongate, entire, extended, far, full, garrulous, grand, great, intact, integral, king-size, lengthy, long, long-lived, long-term, long-winded, marathon, minute, particular, particularized, perfect, plenary, pleonastic, prolix, rambling, thorough, total, verbose, whole, wordy, long-drawn-out, compleat, logorrheic.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABBREVIATED
- Neither of these documents states that it was " signed" but only says that it was " sealed," and it was at that date in no way necessary that any signatures should be written over the seals, but the clerks might and evidently did, place upon these deeds an abbreviated name of William Shakspeare over the seal on each document. - "Bacon is Shake-Speare" by Sir Edwin Durning-Lawrence
- This name will first be abbreviated to Chrony; if we find that too long, it will be reduced again to Crow; which, by- the- bye, is not a bad name for a negro," said the planter, laughing at the coincidence. - "Newton Forster" by Frederick Marryat
- She seldom abbreviated the girl's name, and when she did so it was always a sign of affability. - "Ethan Frome" by Edith Wharton
- He therefore revised and abbreviated them, " conscious," as he said himself in a preface, " of a hundred defects which the most careful revision cannot eliminate." - "The Slave Of The Lamp" by Henry Seton Merriman
- " Yes," I admitted, " but they won't mean anything to you- they are mainly full of chemical formulae and abbreviated notes." - "I Walked in Arden" by Jack Crawford