What are the antonyms for ABDICATE?
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABDICATE
- " But let us suppose, merely for pastime, that His Majesty does abdicate. - "The Missourian" by Eugene P. (Eugene Percy) Lyle
- The deeds of Philip required no herald, unless Henry was prepared to abdicate his hardly- earned title to the throne of France. - "Project Gutenberg History of The Netherlands, 1555-1623, Complete" by John Lothrop Motley
- The political troubles of the Austrian Empire obliged the Emperor Ferdinand to abdicate in favor of his youthful nephew, Francis Joseph. - "Pius IX. And His Time" by The Rev. Ã†neas MacDonell Dawson
- I offer the King an opportunity to abdicate his throne- and retain his liberty. - "The Lighted Match" by Charles Neville Buck
- The last words not to seem to abdicate as Queen Consort. - "Somehow Good" by William de Morgan