What are the antonyms for ABERRANT?
- common, stable, standard-issue, regular, normal, lucid, run-of-the-mill, terrestrial, Familiar, sane, right, clearheaded, everyday, quotidian, common or garden, workaday, Compos-mentis, characteristic, ubiquitous, household, standard, typical, unremarkable, frequent, garden-variety, unexceptional, prosaic, archetypal, true, representative, nitty-gritty, balanced, mundane, ordinary, cut-and-dried, commonplace, average.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABERRANT
- I cannot pass from this subject without enforcing as a practical comment the necessity of asylum physicians having a very liberal supply of holidays so as to insure a complete change of thought from not only the objective but the subjective world in which they live and this before the time comes when they are unable to throw off their work from their minds as happened to a hard working friend of mine who even during his holiday among the Alps must needs dream one night that he was making a post mortem upon himself and on another night rose from his bed in a state of somnambulism to perform certain aberrant and disorderly acts not unlike what his patients would have performed in the day - "Chapters in the History of the Insane in the British Isles" by Daniel Hack Tuke
- As he had said she had not lost a scale and she was by far the most astonishing aberrant I have ever seen before or since - "Slippy McGee, Sometimes Known as the Butterfly Man" by Marie Conway Oemler
- To whom save perhaps the occasional student of aberrant mental phenomena would the true story of his blind and besotted adventuring seem credible - "The Long Lane's Turning" by Hallie Erminie Rives
- From which in turn it should follow that the rest of what is comprised under the general caption of culture will find a place only in the interstices of leisure class expenditure and only at the hands of aberrant members of the class of the gently bred - "An Inquiry Into The Nature Of Peace And The Terms Of Its Perpetuation" by Thorstein Veblen
- Mr Gammie sent me a bird unmistakably of this species Blyth's Aberrant Tree Warbler together with the lining of a nest and three eggs - "The Nests and Eggs of Indian Birds, Volume 1" by Allan O. Hume