What are the antonyms for ABET?
- besiege, beset, deaden, avert, chide, reprove, admonish, foil, clamp down, put down, disturb, harrow, stave off, squelch, quell, outlaw, dehydrate, bedevil, enjoin, incommode, slap down, enervate, proscribe, forbid, devitalize, excruciate, frustrate, discomfit, checkmate, obviate, reprehend, crack down, geld, thwart, preclude, agonize, head off, lobotomize, repress, afflict, squash, castrate, baffle, disoblige, dampen, persecute, discommode, prohibit, prevent, petrify, subdue, forestall, upbraid, warn, desiccate, suppress.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABET
- Follow my advice Miss Dora he said rising to take his leave don't aid and abet Miss May in seeking to shirk her obligations - "A Houseful of Girls" by Sarah Tytler
- I tellt her ladyship flatly that she'd find herself afore the Shirra' and that I was no going to abet any such proceedings - "Simon" by J. Storer Clouston
- She is a renegade from the law and you abet her in her sin - "Phineas Redux" by Anthony Trollope
- The misfortune is that he is very obstinate and unluckily in a place like this he finds people enough to abet and applaud him to intercept the operation of the otherwise infallible remedy of general avoidance and neglect - "Studies in Literature" by John Morley
- Evan suddenly remembered that he was a country accountant and it was poor policy to abet a junior in heterodoxy - "A Canadian Bankclerk" by J. P. Buschlen