What are the antonyms for ABETMENT?
- deterrence, inhibition, constraint, obstruction, discouragement, frustration, repression, interference, restraint, hindrance.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABETMENT
- White Ann evidently considered this a sign of abetment for she plunged and reared and cast fiery looks of scorn at her pseudo rival - "The Heritage of the Hills" by Arthur P. Hankins
- But if the offender is aided and abetted by a third person the latter is liable to an action on theft because a theft has in fact been committed and by his aid and abetment - "The Institutes of Justinian" by Caesar Flavius Justinian
- With the aid and abetment of a bottle of excellent Montrachet however one contrived to worry through - "Red Masquerade" by Louis Joseph Vance
- Mr Dunnaker replied that he had though with much difficulty appeased her anger against him for his supposed abetment of Paul's excesses and that of late she had held sundry conversations with Dummie respecting our hero himself - "Paul Clifford, Complete" by Edward Bulwer-Lytton
- His wife was a big boned fleshy lump of a woman insolent enough in her ways though she had just been in prison for criminal abetment in the case of a girl that had got into trouble - "The Great Hunger" by Johan Bojer