What are the antonyms for ABETTING?
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABETTING
- If it were known that I was aiding or abetting you in the enterprise you have in hand my life would not be worth a rush - "Taken Alive" by E. P. Roe
- But Mrs Rush Marvelle had her hands full of other matters she was aiding and abetting Marcia Van Clupp to set traps for that mild mouse Lord Masherville and she was too much absorbed in this difficult and delicate business to attend to anything else just then - "Thelma" by Marie Corelli
- To me it appeared that certain of the adult passengers by covert signs and sounds of approval were actually abetting and encouraging the urchins in their misbehaviour - "Fibble, D. D." by Irvin Shrewsbury Cobb
- Betty lets on that she is desperately afraid her father will be harmed by Rap Molberg and yet the police claim that Mr Davis is really abetting the criminals - "Penny Nichols Finds a Clue" by Joan Clark
- Perhaps he has heard of Scanlan's intention to summons him for aiding and abetting an assault and has kept out of the way in consequence - "The Martins Of Cro' Martin, Vol. II (of II)" by Charles James Lever