What are the antonyms for ABETTOR?
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABETTOR
- Believe me, they did not spare you;- the former, you have grievously offended; you know that he has quarrelled irremediably with his son Dartmore, and he insists that you are the friend and abettor of that ingenuous youth, in all his debaucheries and extravagance- tu illum corrumpi sinis. - "Pelham, Complete" by Edward Bulwer-Lytton Last Updated: March 16, 2009
- The Archbishop of Dublin had been one of his bitterest enemies, and, although not actually accused of heresy himself, he was certainly the abettor of heretics, and had done all in his power to have Ledred arrested for his supposed crimes. - "Irish Race in the Past and the Present" by Aug. J. Thebaud
- The champion of order in Russia thereby figured as the abettor of plotters in the Balkans. - "The Development of the European Nations, 1870-1914 (5th ed.)" by John Holland Rose
- When she had bidden Mrs. Jarvis farewell, declaring she could no longer endure the life of fashion and idleness which they lived, and had buried poor old Sandy and taken Eppie and fled home with her, she had been as thoroughly convinced as Charles Stuart, her aider and abettor, that this was the only line of conduct to pursue. - "'Lizbeth of the Dale" by Marian Keith
- Now the roar of the deluge appeared to him in the form of an abettor to his plan. - "Witch-Doctors" by Charles Beadle