What are the antonyms for ABHORRED?
- beloved, cherished, darling, dear, fair-haired, favored, favorite, fond, loved, pet, precious, special, sweet, white-haired.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABHORRED
- Gascoigne knew quite enough of the vice- consul and his sister to play his part- and he thought proper to tell the Moor that her brother wished to give her as wife to the captain of the ship, whom she abhorred, and would take her to a cold and foggy climate; that she had been born here, and wished to live and die here, and would prefer passing her life in his women's apartments, to leaving this country. - "Mr. Midshipman Easy" by Captain Frederick Marryat
- My remark that the North abhorred the institution of slavery, wounded the Southern men sorely. - "Reminiscences of Sixty Years in Public Affairs, Vol. 1" by George Boutwell
- Ibsen, with all the Norwegians, he put far from him; he would no more know them than the Russians; the French naturalists he abhorred. - "Entire PG Edition of The Works of William Dean Howells" by William Dean Howells
- From that moment, these creatures, which I had before abhorred, seemed to become my friends. - "Stories about Animals: with Pictures to Match" by Francis C. Woodworth
- It is abhorred of the soul to stare at him. - "Education: How Old The New" by James J. Walsh