What are the antonyms for ABIDING?
- capricious, changeable, changeful, ephemeral, evanescent, fickle, fleeting, fluctuating, fluid, flying, fugitive, impermanent, inconsistent, inconstant, intolerant, mercurial, momentary, mutable, passing, skittish, temperamental, temporary, transient, transitory, uncertain, unpredictable, unsettled, unstable, unsteady, variable, volatile, flickery.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABIDING
- For it is to the Church 'going into all the world, and preaching the Gospel to every creature, ' that the promise of an abiding presence is made. - "Expositions of Holy Scripture: Romans Corinthians (To II Corinthians, Chap. V)" by Alexander Maclaren
- Yea, sister, said Birdalone, but might not death have come of my abiding? - "The Water of the Wondrous Isles" by William Morris
- We've started in to be a law- abiding county, and that there warrant against Willock has got the right of way. - "Lahoma" by John Breckinridge Ellis
- But I have also seen his eyes rest fondly upon the faces in the room, upon the pictures on the wall, upon all the familiar objects of that home, whose abiding and clear image must have flashed often on his memory in times of stress and anxiety at sea. - "The Mirror of the Sea" by Joseph Conrad
- You go ahead and do just what seems right and law- abiding to you. - "The Honorable Senator Sage-Brush" by Francis Lynde