What are the antonyms for ABJECT?
- august, baronial, blissful, blithe, blithesome, chuffed, content, contented, delighted, domineering, epic, estimable, festive, fortunate, gallant, glad, gleeful, glorious, grand, grandiose, gratified, happy, homeric, hopeful, imperial, imposing, jocose, jocular, jocund, jolly, jovial, joyful, joyous, laughing, magnificent, majestic, massive, merry, mirthful, monumental, noble, pleased, proud, regal, satisfied, splendid, stately, sunny, thankful, Magnific, Tickled.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABJECT
- In the village, although everything has the appearance of the most abject poverty, all is bright and clean. - "Travels in the Great Desert of Sahara, in the Years of 1845 and 1846" by James Richardson
- The darkness helped him and his need of comfort was abject. - "Susanna and Sue" by Kate Douglas Wiggin
- They were deep in misery and accustomed to a poverty so abject that they no longer were capable of even envying the rich. - "H. R." by Edwin Lefevre
- The trouble exists in making the man merchandise, reducing him to an abject being, without the protection of common law. - "Our World, or, The Slaveholders Daughter" by F. Colburn Adams
- If John Dawes's bodily attitude was abject, it was only through force of circumstances. - "The Luck of Gerard Ridgeley" by Bertram Mitford