What are the antonyms for ABJECT?
- imposing, jovial, merry, fortunate, Magnific, imperial, satisfied, proud, gallant, noble, domineering, splendid, joyful, jocose, grandiose, blithesome, grand, baronial, gleeful, mirthful, epic, august, pleased, blithe, joyous, content, happy, thankful, laughing, contented, glad, hopeful, jocund, Tickled, delighted, glorious, jocular, blissful, gratified, regal, stately, monumental, jolly, estimable, festive, majestic, sunny, massive, homeric, chuffed, magnificent.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABJECT
- In the village although everything has the appearance of the most abject poverty all is bright and clean - "Travels in the Great Desert of Sahara, in the Years of 1845 and 1846" by James Richardson
- The darkness helped him and his need of comfort was abject - "Susanna and Sue" by Kate Douglas Wiggin
- They were deep in misery and accustomed to a poverty so abject that they no longer were capable of even envying the rich - "H. R." by Edwin Lefevre
- The trouble exists in making the man merchandise reducing him to an abject being without the protection of common law - "Our World, or, The Slaveholders Daughter" by F. Colburn Adams
- If John Dawes's bodily attitude was abject it was only through force of circumstances - "The Luck of Gerard Ridgeley" by Bertram Mitford