What are the antonyms for ABJECTION?
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABJECTION
- Kate Croy remembered well what their mother, in a different quarter, had made of it; and it was Marian's marked failure to pluck the fruit of resentment that committed them, as sisters, to an almost equal fellowship in abjection. - "The Wings of the Dove, Volume 1 of 2" by Henry James
- All this I say came into my mind as if it were a part of that recovery of my mind from its first passionate abjection. - "The Passionate Friends" by Herbert George Wells
- Time and again he had seen her; she was a byword with him; from the height of her residence she looked down on his mean gray walls; her luxury had been an insult to his abstinence; and with that zest which a small nature takes in the humiliation of its superior, he determined, in spite of her manifest abjection, to humiliate her still more. - "Mary Magdalen" by Edgar Saltus
- She made herself sick with crying; then apologised with an abjection that only irritated him the more; finally remembered the smallest details of the affair long after he had forgotten all about it. - "Jeremy" by Hugh Walpole
- Watch it, and you see something that seems to uncurl and expand like a feather with exultation and delight and joy, to contract and stiffen into a billiard ball with fear and pride, shrewd caution and vigilant malevolence, to rear back and spark fire like lightning with anger and temper, and to crawl and slither with abjection and smirking slyness, when it needs to. - "The Glands Regulating Personality" by Louis Berman, M.D.