What are the antonyms for ABJECTLY?
- jocosely, heartily, jovially, mirthfully, happily, brightly, cheerfully, cheerily, merrily, smilingly, gaily.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABJECTLY
- I shall try to remember that always he said abjectly - "Green Fancy" by George Barr McCutcheon
- It wasn't dangerous so much as it was abjectly wicked the deliberate calling up of sooty shapes that had better be kept buried - "San CristÃ³bal de la Habana" by Joseph Hergesheimer
- She was really rather sorry for him he looked so abjectly miserable - "Barbara in Brittany" by E. A. Gillie
- As was only natural the Americans were profoundly regretful and almost abjectly polite but they had their duty to perform and they would be glad to know if Vera had seen anything of Mark Fenwick for whose apprehension they held a warrant - "The Mystery of the Four Fingers" by Fred M. White
- A more abjectly miserable specimen of humanity Gloria had never looked upon - "The Everlasting Whisper" by Jackson Gregory