What are the antonyms for ABJURE?
- accept, adopt, assume, borrow, cherish, defend, embrace, entertain, espouse, get, justify, maintain, shoulder, take on, take over, undertake, uphold, take up, stand by.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABJURE
- The Protestant part of the population thought that he would at least be compelled to abjure his religion. - "A History of England Principally in the Seventeenth Century, Volume I (of 6)" by Leopold von Ranke
- " You'll need to abjure strong drink," said Sakr- el- Bahr. - "The Sea-Hawk" by Raphael Sabatini
- God put it into my heart to abjure him and the life around him. - "The Weavers, Complete" by Gilbert Parker Last Updated: March 14, 2009
- As soon might one expect two prosaic persons of slight acquaintanceship to abjure the topic at a chance meeting. - "Above the Snow Line" by Clinton Thomas Dent
- Certainly, after a lapse of twenty- six years, I might claim the right to abjure some of the notions of my youth. - "The Pros and Cons of Vivisection" by Charles Richet Commentator: W. D. Halliburton