What are the antonyms for ABJURE?
- assume, cherish, take over, borrow, get, adopt, entertain, undertake, accept, espouse, uphold, take up, embrace, stand by, justify, defend, maintain, take on, shoulder.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABJURE
- The Protestant part of the population thought that he would at least be compelled to abjure his religion - "A History of England Principally in the Seventeenth Century, Volume I (of 6)" by Leopold von Ranke
- You'll need to abjure strong drink said Sakr el Bahr - "The Sea-Hawk" by Raphael Sabatini
- God put it into my heart to abjure him and the life around him - "The Weavers, Complete" by Gilbert Parker Last Updated: March 14, 2009
- As soon might one expect two prosaic persons of slight acquaintanceship to abjure the topic at a chance meeting - "Above the Snow Line" by Clinton Thomas Dent
- Certainly after a lapse of twenty six years I might claim the right to abjure some of the notions of my youth - "The Pros and Cons of Vivisection" by Charles Richet Commentator: W. D. Halliburton