What are the antonyms for ABLATIVE?
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABLATIVE
- In Latin the ablative is the case that is used absolutely. - "The English Language" by Robert Gordon Latham
- Why did you use the Ablative in the second sentence? - "Betty Lee, Freshman" by Harriet Pyne Grove
- An absolute construction, imitating the Latin ablative absolute. - "Minor Poems by Milton" by John Milton
- Here, in lieu of the nominative, the Greeks used the genitive case, and the Latins, the ablative. - "The Grammar of English Grammars" by Goold Brown
- With the pronouns and adjectives there was a true accusative form; and with a few especial words an ablative or instrumental one. - "The English Language" by Robert Gordon Latham