What are the antonyms for ABLAZE?
- nonflammable, colorless, steely, grayish, darkish, silvery, unlighted, tenebrous, dusky, noninflammable, darkling, slaty, somber, black, gray, pewter, unlit, obscure, tenebrific, dusk, caliginous, darkened, passionless, uninflammable, incombustible, stygian, gloomy, Darksome, silver, dimmed, dark, rayless, noncombustible, fireproof, Obscured, argentine, dim, leaden, murky, slate, lightless.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABLAZE
- Lucas sprang forward hand on sword face ablaze with furious protest - "Helmet of Navarre" by Bertha Runkle
- While the opening in the clouds made by the discharge was not wide yet it sufficed to give us a view of a portion of the curving shore of the lake which was ablaze with electric lights - "Edison's Conquest of Mars" by Garrett Putman Serviss
- We're fighting tyranny all Cuba is ablaze - "Rainbow's End" by Rex Beach
- They are ablaze with evil - "The Pleasures of Ignorance" by Robert Lynd
- The south side of Market street from Ninth street to the bay was soon ablaze the fire covering a belt two blocks wide - "Complete Story of the San Francisco Horror" by Richard Linthicum Trumbull White Samuel Fallows