What are the antonyms for ABLAZE?
- argentine, black, caliginous, colorless, dark, darkened, darkish, darkling, dim, dimmed, dusk, dusky, fireproof, gloomy, gray, grayish, incombustible, leaden, lightless, murky, noncombustible, nonflammable, obscure, passionless, pewter, rayless, silver, silvery, slate, slaty, somber, steely, stygian, tenebrific, tenebrous, unlighted, unlit, Darksome, Obscured, noninflammable, uninflammable.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABLAZE
- Lucas sprang forward, hand on sword, face ablaze with furious protest. - "Helmet of Navarre" by Bertha Runkle
- While the opening in the clouds made by the discharge was not wide, yet it sufficed to give us a view of a portion of the curving shore of the lake, which was ablaze with electric lights. - "Edison's Conquest of Mars" by Garrett Putman Serviss
- We're fighting tyranny; all Cuba is ablaze. - "Rainbow's End" by Rex Beach
- They are ablaze with evil. - "The Pleasures of Ignorance" by Robert Lynd
- The south side of Market street from Ninth street to the bay was soon ablaze, the fire covering a belt two blocks wide. - "Complete Story of the San Francisco Horror" by Richard Linthicum Trumbull White Samuel Fallows