What are the antonyms for ABLE?
- amateur, amateurish, awkward, botched, bungling, clumsy, dilettante, dilettantish, helpless, impotent, inapt, incapable, incompetent, inept, inexperienced, inexpert, maladroit, nonprofessional, not able, paralyzed, powerless, unable, unfit, unprofessional, unqualified, unskilled, unskillful, weak, Fumbled, Hamstrung, Handcuffed, Impuissant, unfitted, jackleg.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABLE
- I am so glad he is going: he won't be able to ask me how I like it, and I sha'n't have to tell a story! - "Home Again" by George MacDonald
- Do you feel able to go on?" - "A Woman Named Smith" by Marie Conway Oemler
- I shall never be able to forget it if you don't. - "Uncanny Tales" by Mary Louisa Molesworth
- " I'm able to work," replied Sam. - "The Huntress" by Hulbert Footner
- I believe I may be able to help you in your trouble, Pedersen. - "Three Comedies" by Björnstjerne M. Björnson Commentator: R. Farquharson Sharp