What are the antonyms for ABLY?
- displaying incompetence, incompetently.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABLY
- I will not attempt any analysis of this composition, which is ably gone into in another book of this series. - "The Practice and Science Of Drawing" by Harold Speed
- Fanny was out, but her place in the line was ably taken by Aunt Mary, whose modernity did not stick out so much in these purely domestic moments. - "Angela's Business" by Henry Sydnor Harrison
- But the police have also been very ably assisted by every newspaper in town. - "Romance Island" by Zona Gale
- His face was decorated with plaster, and his obviously very good clothes were torn; for what Hugh Alston had commenced so ably last night, Rundle had completed this morning. - "The Imaginary Marriage" by Henry St. John Cooper
- The search was ably planned and vigorously carried out; but all in vain. - "The Settler and the Savage" by R.M. Ballantyne