What are the antonyms for ABNEGATE?
- adopt, take up, assume, shoulder, take on, take over, accept, espouse, embrace, stand by, undertake, borrow.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABNEGATE
- He readily forgot the fact that he had himself been the first to initiate them into the rudiments of vice to induce them to abnegate their self respect and to brave the opinion of the world and their own reproaches while he could not brook that they should reduce him to a level with one of his own subjects and that they should so far emancipate themselves as to feel a preference for younger and more attractive men when they had been honoured by his notice - "The Life of Marie de Medicis, Vol. 1 (of 3)" by Julia Pardoe
- The chapter on human error was opened We are all of one family all of us erring children all of us bound to abnegate hatred by love alone are we saved - "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith" by George Meredith
- If that is love which fades out long before its object if when its object disappears behind the veil love rightly returns to earth then are we of all creatures most miserable for we abnegate a future - "A New Atmosphere" by Gail Hamilton
- Lest I might be supposed to misrepresent I will quote their own language No government can voluntarily relinquish its powers and abnegate its authority without thereby inviting disorder disquietude and in the end its destruction - "History and Ecclesiastical Relations of the Churches of the Presbyterial Order at Amoy, China" by J. V. N. Talmage
- In those days the strong made no pretence to protect the weak or to abnegate their natural power - "Hodge and His Masters" by Richard Jefferies