What are the antonyms for ABNEGATION?
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABNEGATION
- He does not replied Mrs Bindle with undisguised satisfaction but she added as if claiming for some hero the virtue of self abnegation he doesn't object to it in moderation she added significantly - "Adventures of Bindle" by Herbert George Jenkins
- In its stern acceptance of suffering and disappointment for Saxham in its rugged confrontation of the inevitable in its resolute long suffering and grim patience in its silent abnegation of any claim upon her gratitude or any right to demand her tenderness the face was more than eloquent to night - "The Dop Doctor" by Clotilde Inez Mary Graves
- With fine self abnegation Bert was standing aside - "The Cow Puncher" by Robert J. C. Stead
- Uncle William drew up an act of abnegation of Joe whereby he gives up all claim to a reversion of the throne of Prussia Brunswick and Waldeck - "The Hohenzollerns in America With the Bolsheviks in Berlin and other impossibilities" by Stephen Leacock
- She was sweet and gentle with every one with me in particular I may say and there was something positively humble in her attitude of self abnegation - "A Fool and His Money" by George Barr McCutcheon