What are the antonyms for ABNEGATION?
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABNEGATION
- " He does not," replied Mrs. Bindle with undisguised satisfaction; " but," she added, as if claiming for some hero the virtue of self- abnegation, " he doesn't object to it- in moderation," she added significantly. - "Adventures of Bindle" by Herbert George Jenkins
- In its stern acceptance of suffering and disappointment for Saxham, in its rugged confrontation of the inevitable; in its resolute long- suffering and grim patience; in its silent abnegation of any claim upon her gratitude or any right to demand her tenderness, the face was more than eloquent to- night. - "The Dop Doctor" by Clotilde Inez Mary Graves
- With fine self- abnegation Bert was standing aside. - "The Cow Puncher" by Robert J. C. Stead
- Uncle William drew up an act of abnegation of Joe, whereby he gives up all claim to a reversion of the throne of Prussia, Brunswick and Waldeck. - "The Hohenzollerns in America With the Bolsheviks in Berlin and other impossibilities" by Stephen Leacock
- She was sweet and gentle with every one,- with me in particular, I may say,- and there was something positively humble in her attitude of self- abnegation. - "A Fool and His Money" by George Barr McCutcheon