What are the antonyms for ABNORMAL?
- everyday, characteristic, terrestrial, household, unexceptional, mean, customary, archetypal, representative, workaday, ordinary, current, median, modal, popular, cut-and-dried, nitty-gritty, frequent, ubiquitous, common or garden, natural, prevailing, stock, mundane, average, going, moderate, unremarkable, quotidian, standard, standard-issue, run-of-the-mill, common, typical, regular, Familiar, garden-variety, normal, prevalent, conventional, prosaic, true, commonplace.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABNORMAL
- Even when he was normal there are only moments when through some recorded speech or action of his we can peer past the man's personality into his brain how great a sealed mystery must his thoughts remain to us when held in that abnormal state by Eliot Leithgow's V 27 - "The Passing of Ku Sui" by Anthony Gilmore
- Really Julia your imagination is positively repulsive in its abnormal activity - "A Woman's Burden" by Fergus Hume
- Sleep states are not abnormal but part and parcel of the life existence of the individual - "Four-Dimensional Vistas" by Claude Fayette Bragdon
- You hardly know anything is wrong at first by and by you notice that every scene that you look on night or day has got that face in it not a filmy vision of a thing but quite material in appearance only it's in abnormal places for a face to be and it is a face only - "West African studies" by Mary Henrietta Kingsley
- Not only was my sense of hearing unusually acute but I had an almost abnormal appreciation of musical sounds - "Daybreak: A Romance of an Old World" by James Cowan