What are the antonyms for ABNORMAL?
- archetypal, average, characteristic, common, common or garden, commonplace, conventional, current, customary, cut-and-dried, everyday, frequent, going, household, mean, median, modal, moderate, mundane, natural, nitty-gritty, normal, ordinary, popular, prevailing, prevalent, prosaic, quotidian, regular, representative, run-of-the-mill, standard, stock, terrestrial, true, typical, ubiquitous, unexceptional, unremarkable, workaday, Familiar, garden-variety, standard-issue.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ABNORMAL
- Even when he was normal there are only moments when, through some recorded speech or action of his, we can peer past the man's personality into his brain; how great a sealed mystery must his thoughts remain to us when held in that abnormal state by Eliot Leithgow's V- 27! - "The Passing of Ku Sui" by Anthony Gilmore
- Really, Julia, your imagination is positively repulsive in its abnormal activity. - "A Woman's Burden" by Fergus Hume
- Sleep states are not abnormal, but part and parcel of the life existence of the individual. - "Four-Dimensional Vistas" by Claude Fayette Bragdon
- You hardly know anything is wrong at first; by- and- by you notice that every scene that you look on, night or day, has got that face in it, not a filmy vision of a thing, but quite material in appearance, only it's in abnormal places for a face to be, and it is a face only. - "West African studies" by Mary Henrietta Kingsley
- Not only was my sense of hearing unusually acute, but I had an almost abnormal appreciation of musical sounds. - "Daybreak: A Romance of an Old World" by James Cowan