What are the antonyms for BEARISH?
- affable, agreeable, amiable, auspicious, bright, encouraging, fair, genial, golden, good-natured, good-tempered, gracious, heartening, hopeful, likely, mellow, nice, optimistic, pleasant, promising, propitious, rose-colored, roseate, rosy, sweet, upbeat, well-disposed.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for BEARISH
- They had everything ready for the cooking of a meal, so that our bearish appetites had not long to suffer. - "The Voodoo Gold Trail" by Walter Walden
- When he errs or in any way commits himself, his temper is accused, not his character, and it is understood that but for a brutal bearish mood he is kindness itself. - "Impressions of Theophrastus Such" by George Eliot
- Steve was taller, had the longer reach, was gifted by the gods with a supple strength no whit less than the bearish power of the timber boss. - "Man to Man" by Jackson Gregory
- It is very well for one who cares nothing for genteel society, and whose bearish manners, in fact, unfit him for it, to lead such a life; but is she to endure this for ever, and see her daughters married to men who wear long beards and Blucher boots? - "The Bushman Life in a New Country" by Edward Wilson Landor
- Captain Hudson, sober, is a rough, bearish seaman, with a quick, experienced eye, that takes in every rope in the ship, as he walks up and down his quarter- deck. - "Foul Play" by Charles Reade Dion Boucicault