What are the antonyms for BEARISH?
- mellow, bright, golden, hopeful, fair, encouraging, propitious, sweet, rosy, gracious, rose-colored, optimistic, affable, heartening, good-natured, nice, pleasant, upbeat, auspicious, roseate, likely, good-tempered, genial, agreeable, amiable, well-disposed, promising.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for BEARISH
- They had everything ready for the cooking of a meal so that our bearish appetites had not long to suffer - "The Voodoo Gold Trail" by Walter Walden
- When he errs or in any way commits himself his temper is accused not his character and it is understood that but for a brutal bearish mood he is kindness itself - "Impressions of Theophrastus Such" by George Eliot
- Steve was taller had the longer reach was gifted by the gods with a supple strength no whit less than the bearish power of the timber boss - "Man to Man" by Jackson Gregory
- It is very well for one who cares nothing for genteel society and whose bearish manners in fact unfit him for it to lead such a life but is she to endure this for ever and see her daughters married to men who wear long beards and Blucher boots - "The Bushman Life in a New Country" by Edward Wilson Landor
- Captain Hudson sober is a rough bearish seaman with a quick experienced eye that takes in every rope in the ship as he walks up and down his quarter deck - "Foul Play" by Charles Reade Dion Boucicault