What are the antonyms for CASSANDRA?
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for CASSANDRA
- If we could suppose one at the time of the crusades, educated to associate and sympathize with the choice spirits of the age, yet anticipating the sense of their age, in making the comparative estimate of chivalrous adventure, and successful cultivation of the arts of peace and industry; he must have felt somewhat like Cassandra among the less gifted. - "The Growth of Thought As Affecting the Progress of Society" by William Withington
- He mounted Cassandra, saying: " Tell them something, Tom. - "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith" by George Meredith
- Cassandra; rather a pretty name. - "The Chronicles of Clovis" by Saki
- I am persuaded, had our consort the Greenwich done his duty, we had destroyed both of them, and got two hundred thousand pounds for our owners and selves; whereas the loss of the Cassandra may justly be imputed to his deserting us. - "The Pirates Own Book" by Charles Ellms
- " Cassandra won't know if it's well written or badly written," Katharine remarked. - "Night and Day" by Virginia Woolf