What are the antonyms for CENSURABLE?
- absolute, admirable, applaudable, blameless, clear, commendable, creditable, decent, estimable, ethical, faultless, flawless, guiltless, honest, honorable, ideal, inculpable, innocent, irreproachable, just, laudable, letter-perfect, lily-white, meritorious, noble, perfect, picture book, praiseworthy, principled, respectable, righteous, seamless, unblemished, Indefectible, stand up, cleanhanded, picture-perfect.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for CENSURABLE
- Christie's surrender had been thought censurable both by General Amherst and by Bouquet. - "The Conspiracy of Pontiac and the Indian War after the Conquest of Canada" by Francis Parkman
- If, therefore, such a change was in agitation before the sailing of the ships, and yet was concealed when it might have been communicated, the concealment is censurable. - "The Works of the Right Honourable Edmund Burke, Vol. VIII. (of 12)" by Edmund Burke
- But the House of Commons will not allow that this was a great and important service; on the contrary, they have declared the act itself to be censurable. - "The Works of the Right Honourable Edmund Burke, Vol. XII. (of XII.)" by Edmund Burke
- The witness is quite right in her premises, though censurable in her manner of expressing them. - "The Lost Lady of Lone" by E.D.E.N. Southworth
- But the methods employed by the opposition were no less censurable. - "Cuba, Old and New" by Albert Gardner Robinson