What are the antonyms for CENSURABLE?
- commendable, noble, picture-perfect, just, ideal, guiltless, lily-white, picture book, Indefectible, meritorious, letter-perfect, clear, ethical, irreproachable, creditable, unblemished, stand up, blameless, respectable, flawless, perfect, principled, seamless, faultless, cleanhanded, righteous, innocent, absolute, praiseworthy, laudable, honorable, applaudable, honest, inculpable, estimable, decent, admirable.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for CENSURABLE
- Christie's surrender had been thought censurable both by General Amherst and by Bouquet - "The Conspiracy of Pontiac and the Indian War after the Conquest of Canada" by Francis Parkman
- If therefore such a change was in agitation before the sailing of the ships and yet was concealed when it might have been communicated the concealment is censurable - "The Works of the Right Honourable Edmund Burke, Vol. VIII. (of 12)" by Edmund Burke
- But the House of Commons will not allow that this was a great and important service on the contrary they have declared the act itself to be censurable - "The Works of the Right Honourable Edmund Burke, Vol. XII. (of XII.)" by Edmund Burke
- The witness is quite right in her premises though censurable in her manner of expressing them - "The Lost Lady of Lone" by E.D.E.N. Southworth
- But the methods employed by the opposition were no less censurable - "Cuba, Old and New" by Albert Gardner Robinson