What are the antonyms for CONQUEST?
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for CONQUEST
- Not until after the Norman conquest did the use of hats begin in England - "Walking-Stick Papers" by Robert Cortes Holliday
- At length a few weeks before the death of Elizabeth the conquest which had been begun more than four hundred years before by Strongbow was completed by Mountjoy - "The History of England from the Accession of James II. Volume 1 (of 5)" by Thomas Babington Macaulay
- Its fall meant the fall of the kingdom the conquest of France - "A Short History of France" by Mary Platt Parmele
- Dark No twelve will be enough and the conquest of the farm will depend on speed - "Rebels of the Red Planet" by Charles Louis Fontenay
- Its fate however after the Conquest was to be more glorious - "England of My Heart--Spring" by Edward Hutton