What are the antonyms for CURMUDGEON?
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for CURMUDGEON
- Johnson, while composing his Dictionary, sent a note to the Gentleman's Magazine to inquire the etymology of the word curmudgeon. - "Curiosities of Literature, Vol. 1 (of 3)" by Isaac D'Israeli
- Then he jotted down in his little book:- Dress- Suit Account Debit Credit Landed one curmudgeon! - "Skinner's Dress Suit" by Henry Irving Dodge
- She was a conspirator; she was trusted with a tremendous secret; she was to help the beautiful and enormous O'Toole to a rich and beautiful wife; she was to outwit an old curmudgeon of an uncle; she was to succour a maiden heart- broken and imprisoned. - "Clementina" by A.E.W. Mason
- The old curmudgeon meant I should sell Nora, and he has a son, a gentleman commoner at Cambridge, that spends more in wine- parties than our whole income. - "The Bramleighs Of Bishop's Folly" by Charles James Lever
- But what I want you to understand is, that if the legacy isn't enough to do this, and make all straight with her old curmudgeon of a father, it is my first wish that whatever will do it should be made up to him. - "Tom Brown at Oxford" by Thomas Hughes