What are the antonyms for CURMUDGEON?
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for CURMUDGEON
- Johnson while composing his Dictionary sent a note to the Gentleman's Magazine to inquire the etymology of the word curmudgeon - "Curiosities of Literature, Vol. 1 (of 3)" by Isaac D'Israeli
- Then he jotted down in his little book Dress Suit Account Debit Credit Landed one curmudgeon - "Skinner's Dress Suit" by Henry Irving Dodge
- She was a conspirator she was trusted with a tremendous secret she was to help the beautiful and enormous O'Toole to a rich and beautiful wife she was to outwit an old curmudgeon of an uncle she was to succour a maiden heart broken and imprisoned - "Clementina" by A.E.W. Mason
- The old curmudgeon meant I should sell Nora and he has a son a gentleman commoner at Cambridge that spends more in wine parties than our whole income - "The Bramleighs Of Bishop's Folly" by Charles James Lever
- But what I want you to understand is that if the legacy isn't enough to do this and make all straight with her old curmudgeon of a father it is my first wish that whatever will do it should be made up to him - "Tom Brown at Oxford" by Thomas Hughes