What are the antonyms for ELEVATE?
- abase, animalize, bastardize, bestialize, break, bring down, brutalize, bump, canker, cast down, chasten, cheapen, darken, debase, debauch, degrade, dehumanize, deject, demoralize, demote, deprave, depress, deteriorate, discredit, disgrace, dishonor, get down, humble, humiliate, kick downstairs, lessen, let down, lower, oppress, reduce, relegate, sadden, sink, subvert, take down, tarnish, vitiate, weigh down, Disrate.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ELEVATE
- Prominent Londoners sought to elevate their social position by having their family marry into rural landholders of position - "Our Legal Heritage, 4th Ed." by S. A. Reilly
- Compared with the ordinary audience at the legitimate theatres Then what you wish we concluded is to elevate the vaudeville - "Imaginary Interviews" by W. D. Howells
- Not less it is obvious than five thousand years could elevate any human being into a genuine Yankee - "Papers from Overlook-House" by Casper Almore
- It devolved upon herself and Missy to elevate it - "Missy" by Dana Gatlin
- Others believe that it may have been used to elevate their homes above the level valley in case of floods - "See America First" by Orville O. Hiestand