What are the antonyms for ENJOIN?
- accredit, allow, approbate, approve, authorize, certify, charter, confirm, cultivate, debar, disallow, empower, enable, encourage, finalize, forbid, formalize, foster, green light, incubate, inhibit, interdict, invest, nourish, nurture, permit, prohibit, promote, qualify, ratify, suffer, vest, Homologate.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for ENJOIN
- They are at the same time convinced of my earnestness and disarmed of all opposition and when I approach another time if occasion requires I can lead them to another seat or even out of the room and enjoin obedience without exciting either fear or opposition - "Guide to the Kindergarten and Intermediate Class and Moral Culture of Infancy." by Elizabeth P. Peabody Mary Mann
- It is certainly our duty to diminish as far as we can the burdens of taxation and to regard all the restrictions which are imposed on the trade and navigation of our citizens as evils which we shall mitigate when ever we are not prevented by the adverse legislation and policy of foreign nations or those primary duties which the defense and independence of our country enjoin upon us - "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present" by Various
- But wherever love is the bond grace is poured into the lips and I enjoin becomes I pray - "The Expositor's Bible: Colossians and Philemon" by Alexander Maclaren
- Then turning again to Guido she said Messer Guido we enjoin it upon your learning that you do make a note of the petition of this American as well as of those things which he may answer in explanation of his design - "The Panchronicon" by Harold Steele Mackaye
- No matter how often the government and big business enjoin us to consume more in order to improve the economy we should calmly ignore them - "Down-with-the-Cities" by Nakashima, Tadashi