What are the antonyms for GROUCH?
- optimist, endorsement, plaudit, sanction, compliment, acclaim, applause, approval, praise, Pollyanna, commendation.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for GROUCH
- Nothin' but an old stone barn where he can set all day nursin' a grouch and keepin' his daughter Anita they do say he does under lock and key for fear somebody's goin' to marry her for her money - "Humorous Ghost Stories" by Dorothy Scarborough
- And the sight that would please me better than anything else I have even thought up to want to see I found myself saying when I became conscious I hope I didn't use any of the oaths of my forefathers which must have been tempting my refined foremothers for generations and which I secretly admire Henrietta for indulging in on occasions of impatience with Sallie would be Ned Hall left entirely alone with that squirming baby that looks exactly like him when it is having a terrible spell of colic and Ned is in the midst of a sick headache with all the other children cold hungry and cross the cook gone to a funeral and the nurse in a grouch because she couldn't go and and he knowing that Mamie was attired in a lovely cool muslin dress sitting up here on the porch with us sipping a mint julep and smoking a ten cent cigar resting and getting up an appetite for supper - "The Tinder-Box" by Maria Thompson Daviess
- You've got a brief grouch against yourself Davy muttered Dan - "Dave Darrin's Fourth Year at Annapolis" by H. Irving Hancock
- But all the same I don't wonder that they grouch a bit - "To Him That Hath A Novel Of The West Of Today" by Ralph Connor
- Those who generally go wanted circus pieces therefore the grouch and thin houses - "Sixty Years of California Song" by Margaret Blake-Alverson