What are the antonyms for GRUMP?
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for GRUMP
- He wouldn't lie down, and when he did, it was with a grump of protest that seemed to forbode failure. - "Melchior's Dream and Other Tales" by Juliana Horatia Ewing
- The old mole- eyed grump never sees anybody nor anything. - "Andrew the Glad" by Maria Thompson Daviess
- Outwardly Tom didn't " grump" any, but he made a resolve that, hereafter, his voice would be strong for halting right on the bank of a swimming place. - "The High School Boys' Training Hike" by H. Irving Hancock
- Your feelin's take to freezin', so likewise takes your brain; You go about grump- and- wheezin', like a wretched dog in pain; You long for wings, or some such things, But they're not to be had- oh! - "The Big Otter" by R.M. Ballantyne
- One of the occupants was heard to exclaim " I am fifty cents to the good, old man Grump, for remember, on each black bass caught we had a nickel up. - "See America First" by Orville O. Hiestand