What are the antonyms for HOPELESS?
- achievable, answerable, anticipant, anticipative, attainable, auspicious, believable, bright, credible, creditable, doable, encouraging, expectant, explainable, explicable, fair, favorable, feasible, flourishing, going, golden, good, heartening, hopeful, likely, optimistic, palmy, plausible, possible, practicable, presumptive, probable, promising, propitious, prosperous, realizable, resolvable, rose-colored, roseate, rosy, skilled, soluble, solvable, successful, thriving, triumphant, upbeat, viable, workable.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for HOPELESS
- " You are a hopeless case," he said. - "The Necromancers" by Robert Hugh Benson
- My heart has become hopeless. - "An Orkney Maid" by Amelia Edith Huddleston Barr
- I know it is hopeless- I know she can never be more to me than she already is; but I cannot help loving her. - "The Garies and Their Friends" by Frank J. Webb
- At the back of this she realized that his case, his position, was hopeless. - "Linda Condon" by Joseph Hergesheimer
- He has evidently felt how hopeless is the task of appraising poets by the old individualistic method, which, as he says, has been in favor for at least a century. - "" by