What are the antonyms for NORTH?
- south, south-central, southbound, southeast, southeasterly, southeastern, southeastward, southerly, southern, southernmost, southmost, southward, southwest, southwesterly, southwestern, southwestward, south-east, south-west.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for NORTH
- None of Jim's folks had been down from the North to see him as he had written them with his own hand that he would soon be out again - "Cupid's Middleman" by Edward B. Lent
- They appeared to be waiting for a train probably to the North - "The Beetle A Mystery" by Richard Marsh
- I can tell you they are very different animals from those we met with further to the north - "In the Wilds of Africa" by W.H.G. Kingston
- The mine could not be up north - "The Snow-Burner" by Henry Oyen
- Woodford had given the thing up and the road was open to the north country - "Dwellers in the Hills" by Melville Davisson Post