What are the antonyms for PESSIMISTIC?
- bullish, propitious, pollyannaish, likely, upbeat, hopeful, roseate, rose-colored, fair, optimistic, heartening, promising, cheerful, bright, auspicious, sanguine, encouraging, rosy, starry-eyed, golden.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for PESSIMISTIC
- He was very pessimistic about the state of the country and apparently did not believe that Home Rule would help it much - "The Charm of Ireland" by Burton Egbert Stevenson
- Sir Charles Quyne was pessimistic on the subject of William - "Here and Hereafter" by Barry Pain
- A spirit of revolt was growing among the young of the middle classes which had nothing at all in common with the complete and pessimistic revolt against all things in heaven or earth which has been fashionable among the young in more recent times - "Robert Browning" by G. K. Chesterton
- Blanco felt sure that Louis would be willing to drop back into the routine of his life in Paris freshly stocked with pessimistic memories of how a crown had slipped through his fingers - "The Lighted Match" by Charles Neville Buck
- But he's so terribly pessimistic don't you think - "April Hopes" by William Dean Howells Last Updated: February 27, 2009