What are the antonyms for POLLYANNA?
- complainer, sourpuss, nervous Nellie, misanthrope, growler, despairing, pessimist, worrier, doomsayer, pessimistic, naysayer, chicken little, curmudgeon, hopeless, crab, fusser, doomsdayer, cassandra, Griper, defeatist, whiner, Doomster, Murmurer, cynic, handwringer, Grouser, grump, bear, worrywart, mutterer, grouch, bellyacher, downbeat, grumbler, crosspatch, croaker, bearish.
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for POLLYANNA
- It takes the tact of a diplomat the nerve of a trapeze performer the physical strength of a prize fighter the optimism of William J Bryan or of Pollyanna and the wisdom of Solomon - "The Book of Business Etiquette" by Nella Henney
- It is a fine thing to read a story like Pollyanna and get all excited over it - "The Children's Six Minutes" by Bruce S. Wright
- It is much finer to read Pollyanna and then put her spirit into action in the daily life of the home - "The Children's Six Minutes" by Bruce S. Wright
- Well at the moment it's something of a downside morning but Sam I snapped this is me Matt save the Pollyanna - "The Samurai Strategy" by Thomas Hoover
- By Author of Pollyanna - "The Law-Breakers" by Ridgwell Cullum