What are the antonyms for WHINER?
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for WHINER
- 58. Terrified was the kettle- watcher, the place no longer held him: he could be a whiner, he clomb into every nook: their conflict was his bane, as he the penalty must pay; and the day sad, when he must from the swine die, from all good things, which he had enjoyed. - "The Elder Eddas of Saemund Sigfusson; and the Younger Eddas of Snorre Sturleson" by Saemund Sigfusson and Snorre Sturleson
- There was nothing of the whiner about him. - "Christopher and the Clockmakers" by Sara Ware Bassett
- This little chamber, set out with perfect neatness; looking out on a very pretty piece of verdure and a cleanly court- yard; with such a good couple to provide for her; with her privacy unapproachable but at her own pleasure; her quiet undisturbed by a prater, a scolder, a bustler, or a whiner; no dirty children to offend the eye, or squalling ones to wound the ear; with admitted claims to the gratitude, confidence, and affection of her hostess: might not these suffice to make a lowly, unambitious maiden happy? - "Jane Talbot" by Charles Brockden Brown
- The last to speak was the Reverend Mr. Whiner. - "Literary Lapses" by Stephen Leacock
- Marcoline rightly called you a whiner. - "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons" by Jacques Casanova de Seingalt