What are the antonyms for XVII?
click here to check the spelling
Usage Examples for XVII
- 4 St Luke xvii - "Creation and Its Records" by B.H. Baden-Powell
- When I spoke of the Resurrection of Christ on the third day there was a jeering laugh from some of the Indians which made me think of Acts xvii - "Missionary Work Among The Ojebway Indians" by Edward Francis Wilson
- By the use of an idiom not now in common use we express the belief taught by the Saviour's words S John xvii - "The Prayer Book Explained" by Percival Jackson
- The fulfilment of this threatening is reported in 2 Kings xvii - "Christology of the Old Testament: And a Commentary on the Messianic Predictions, v. 1" by Ernst Wilhelm Hengstenberg
- Among the best of his lighter satires is the poem numbered xvii O Colonia quae cupis ponte ludere magno which has some touches of graceful poetry as well as of humorous extravagance - "The Roman Poets of the Republic" by W. Y. Sellar