How Do You Spell ORCHIDS?
Correct spelling for the English word "orchids" is [ ˈɔːkɪdz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for ORCHIDS
Below is the list of 2 misspellings for the word "ORCHIDS". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- orcid (33.3%)
- orchides (66.7%)
Usage Examples for ORCHIDS
- Then Morgan had directed that violets and orchids be sent that evening to Miss Anne Masters. - "The Tempering" by Charles Neville Buck
- They solve the wet spot problem admirably, permit the culture of native water lilies, orchids and numerous other beautiful plants, and certainly contribute their share of picturesqueness. - "Making A Rock Garden" by Henry Sherman Adams
- We saw several bronze and marble Buddhas under a carved teak shed; some fading orchids lay before them. - "From Edinburgh to India & Burmah" by William G. Burn Murdoch
- She broke off abruptly, realizing suddenly that she had left her orchids behind. - "The Blood Red Dawn" by Charles Caldwell Dobie
- The hostess is a beauty, so is Idonia, so you may well imagine that Larry would have forgotten Lily's existence if she hadn't frequently reminded him of it by screaming his Christian name across banks of pansies and orchids - "The Lightning Conductor Discovers America" by C. N. (Charles Norris) Williamson and A. M. (Alice Muriel) Williamson