How Do You Spell ORCHIDS?
Correct spelling for the English word "orchids" is [ ˈɔːkɪdz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for ORCHIDS
Below is the list of 32 misspellings for the word "ORCHIDS". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for ORCHIDS
- Then Morgan had directed that violets and orchids be sent that evening to Miss Anne Masters. - "The Tempering" by Charles Neville Buck
- They solve the wet spot problem admirably, permit the culture of native water lilies, orchids and numerous other beautiful plants, and certainly contribute their share of picturesqueness. - "Making A Rock Garden" by Henry Sherman Adams
- We saw several bronze and marble Buddhas under a carved teak shed; some fading orchids lay before them. - "From Edinburgh to India & Burmah" by William G. Burn Murdoch
- She broke off abruptly, realizing suddenly that she had left her orchids behind. - "The Blood Red Dawn" by Charles Caldwell Dobie
- The hostess is a beauty, so is Idonia, so you may well imagine that Larry would have forgotten Lily's existence if she hadn't frequently reminded him of it by screaming his Christian name across banks of pansies and orchids - "The Lightning Conductor Discovers America" by C. N. (Charles Norris) Williamson and A. M. (Alice Muriel) Williamson