How Do You Spell OSTENSIBLY?
Correct spelling for the English word "ostensibly" is [ ɒstˈɛnsəbli] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for ostensibly
Below is the list of 10 misspellings for the word "ostensibly". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
Usage Examples for ostensibly
- His wife ostensibly left their comfortable home with her mother to visit friends in the West. - "Some Jewish Witnesses For Christ" by Rev. A. Bernstein, B.D.
- The " lessons" he gave to Little Ann, and the notes made as a result, always ostensibly for her own security and instruction, began to form a singularly firm foundation for statement and argument. - "T. Tembarom" by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- But his object in coming was not ostensibly political. - "The Tempering" by Charles Neville Buck
- She did this ostensibly for the Indians, but in reality for the merchants in the mother country. - "The War Chief of the Ottawas A Chronicle of the Pontiac War: Volume 15 (of 32) in the series Chronicles of Canada" by Thomas Guthrie Marquis
- He is the man who bought this house for Madame Zichy, who sent these rugs and curtains from St. Petersburg to furnish it for her after his own tastes, and, I believe, it was he also who placed the Russian servant here, ostensibly to serve the Princess, but in reality to spy upon her. - "In the Fog" by Richard Harding Davis