How Do You Spell OSTENSIBLY?
Correct spelling for the English word "ostensibly" is [ ɒstˈɛnsəbli] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for ostensibly
Below is the list of 1 misspellings for the word "ostensibly". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- obstensibly (100.0%)
Usage Examples for ostensibly
- His wife ostensibly left their comfortable home with her mother to visit friends in the West. - "Some Jewish Witnesses For Christ" by Rev. A. Bernstein, B.D.
- The " lessons" he gave to Little Ann, and the notes made as a result, always ostensibly for her own security and instruction, began to form a singularly firm foundation for statement and argument. - "T. Tembarom" by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- But his object in coming was not ostensibly political. - "The Tempering" by Charles Neville Buck
- She did this ostensibly for the Indians, but in reality for the merchants in the mother country. - "The War Chief of the Ottawas A Chronicle of the Pontiac War: Volume 15 (of 32) in the series Chronicles of Canada" by Thomas Guthrie Marquis
- He is the man who bought this house for Madame Zichy, who sent these rugs and curtains from St. Petersburg to furnish it for her after his own tastes, and, I believe, it was he also who placed the Russian servant here, ostensibly to serve the Princess, but in reality to spy upon her. - "In the Fog" by Richard Harding Davis