How Do You Spell OWES?
Correct spelling for the English word "owes" is [ ˈə͡ʊz] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for OWES
Below is the list of 3 misspellings for the word "OWES". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- oes (4.5%)
- ows (63.6%)
- ownes (31.8%)
Usage Examples for OWES
- Glance at what England owes to prayer. - "The Emigrant Mechanic and Other Tales In Verse Together With Numerous Songs Upon Canadian Subjects" by Thomas Cowherd
- Look every man in the face, conscious that you owe the world no more than it owes you. - "Bible-Readings-for-the-Home-Circle" by
- It is probably to this it owes its preservation. - "Cornwall" by G. E. Mitton
- Raffaelle, who stands in general foremost of the first painters, owes his reputation, as I have observed, to his excellence in the higher parts of the art. - "Seven Discourses on Art" by Joshua Reynolds
- 3. The Preservation of Empire The first business of an imperial class is the preservation of the empire to which it owes its advantages and privileges. - "The American Empire" by Scott Nearing