How Do You Spell OXEN?
Correct spelling for the English word "oxen" is [ ˈɒksən] (IPA phonetic alphabet).
Common Misspellings for oxen
Below is the list of 2 misspellings for the word "oxen". Misspellings percentages are collected from over 510 000 spell check sessions on www.spellchecker.net from Jan 2010 - Jun 2012.
- oxes (50.0%)
- orcish (50.0%)
Usage Examples for oxen
- The captain stood at the head of the front team, his hand resting on the yoke as he leaned against the bowed neck of one of the oxen - "54-40 or Fight" by Emerson Hough
- The fresh beef afforded by a couple of oxen was very acceptable, and contributed to keep us in health. - "Old Jack" by W.H.G. Kingston
- The snow was six feet deep, and the ice was firm enough to bear oxen and men upon it everywhere. - "A Dog of Flanders" by Louisa de la Rame)
- We cannot take the waggon even if there are enough oxen left to draw it, for it is his as much as mine, and I am sure that he will never leave this treasure unless he is driven away. - "Benita, An African Romance" by H. Rider Haggard
- Then it is no wonder that so many cattle, sheep, and oxen die of fever. - "The American Reformed Cattle Doctor" by George Dadd